Friday, April 10, 2015

Query update.

Three out now. Those submissions included a routine requests for manuscript pages, One requested five pages, another ten and the third asked for the first fifty.  One query-only submission was rejected.  I mentioned that in another post. That agent sent a timely and pleasant email. Sure it was a rejection, but...

At least one submission made it to the chosen agent. How do I know for sure?   Literary Agent Taylor Haggerty's computer told me so.  The agent arranged for it to send out a thoughtful and friendly automatic response. What a concept, right?

I say thank you.
The notice made my day. Okay, it wasn't as if  she said I love your book, but writers are thankful for a gesture of respect for their time and effort. At least I feel that way.

No doubt agents are inundated with manuscripts piling upon and around their desks or clogging their in-boxes. Yet, receiving that response was as if I'd walked into the agent's office and she greeted me with a smile. It may seem like I'm making a big deal of a small gesture, but hey, to a writer-in-waiting, it is a big deal. Those of you who send out queries get it.

While a rejection may follow, at least a writer knows she or he isn't waiting in vain. The manuscript arrived. Hallaluah. That's worth a bundle.

So this Florida native wishes warm and sunny days to agents who make querying less stressful, just because they can. 


No comments:

Post a Comment