Thursday, October 22, 2015

September days spent at Highlights were relaxing and productive. My second year there and  it felt wonderful to return. Time spent with Janet and Augusta was special too, as it had been last year. Plus we met up with a group of Un-workshop writers and just clicked. We exchanged email addresses and plan to keep in touch from time to time. Maybe even meet up again next year.
.

But this year I found something special behind my cabin. Although I've grown up with orange trees in easy reach and the scent of orange blossoms floating through the Florida air is my all time favorite, I was in for a fruitful suprise.

I saw a half rotten apple on the ground and figured someone took a bite and pitched it. Not too cool, but hey it's fruit and the woods across from my cabin were probably full of animals that might enjoy a snack.

Then I spied another and another and looked up and spied an apple tree. That was a first for me.

                                        




                                          Apples trees are kind of magical.                 

So, I snapped several photos. Nope, I didn't eat a one. But for me and probably others who've stayed in cabin #18,  that little apple tree was the lovely start of another magical Un-workshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment